Women Love Glamour!

Women Love Glamour!
Having our own unique style makes us happy.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A Unique Style

A few of my co-workers noticed a lady walking through the shoe department today. This woman was noticeable. She had style. It was in the way she moved. She moved with such grace. She held her head high and meandered through the store. Her dress was unremarkable, simple gray with clean lines. Her hat was large. I mean very, very, large. It was bright kelly green with big black polka dots on the six inches of turned up brim. She had a huge purse and shoes that matched her hat, colored in that very tone of kelly green. She was in her mid eighties although I am sure she would only admit to be "nearly seventy." Some people smiled at her and some smirked. My co-workers thought she was cute. I thought she was daring and darling.

I think of how much pleasure she must of had when she laid out her clothes for the day..dress, shoes, jewelry, all the while waiting for her hair to get dry, done up in pink curlers. I imagined her hands trembled a bit as she took down the hat box from the top shelf. Red lipstick was the final touch she applied to her face as she stood in front of the mirror in her full silk slip. It made us happy to see her today. It made people smile.......and for those who smirked..I wish them...


Much Happiness,

Bev

2 comments: